Parish and town councils have permissive powers to provide a wide range of services and facilities for their areas.
The extent of service provision will usually depend on the size of the parish and its ability to find the necessary finance.
The Parish Council sets an annual precept for its expenditure which is collected by the New Forest District Council as part of the council tax bill.
The Council’s accounts are audited annually both by internal and external auditors.
Documents relating to the Council’s accounts are also published below in compliance with the Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities:
- External Audit Report 2019-2020
- Accounts for the Year Ended 31 March 2020Notice of Public Rights And Publication Of Unaudited Annual Governance & Accountability Return
- Notice of Conclusion of Audit
Annual Governance & Accountability Return for the year ended 31 March 2019
- Notice of Public Rights – commencing on; Monday 24 June 2019 and ending on; Friday 9 August 2019
- Unaudited Annual Governance & Accountability Return Accounts for the Year Ended 31 March 2019